Raspberry Cream Coffee Cake
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 8 ounces. Soft cream cheese
• 1 egg white
• 1 cup washed and well drained berries
• 1 and 1/2 cup flour for all purposes
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 5.5 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
+For the top of Strussle:
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 3 tablespoons butter cooled and cubes
• Preheat the oven to a pulsed 350-volt 9-inch grease frying pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
• To make the filling: Mix the cream cheese and sugar together at medium to low speed until creamy. Add egg white and combine over low heat just to combine. Set aside.
• To make the cake mixture: In a bowl, move the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt aside.
• With electric mixer cream together butter and sugar at medium to low speed. Add egg yolk, egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and smooth with a spoon. Spread the cream cheese filling over the top. Put the berries on the cream cheese filling.
• To make the top layer: combine the sugar, flour and cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry mixer until the mixture crumbles. (Make sure the crust is in pea-sized crumbs)
• Sprinkle the train over the berries.
• Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake tester comes out in the middle clean. Cool on the shelf, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of spring pan.
• Storage in the refrigerator.