Enjoy your delicious and decadent Red Velvet Brownies as a dessert or a special treat for any occasion!
For the brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, and red food coloring and whisk until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour, mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until the frosting is smooth and well combined.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top.
- Cut the brownies into squares and serve.