Roast potatoes with salt, pepper, and rosemary are a classic and flavorful side dish that pairs well with a variety of meals. Here’s a simple recipe to make delicious roasted potatoes:
- 2 pounds potatoes (such as Russet or Yukon Gold), washed and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the potato chunks in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes until the potatoes are slightly tender but still firm. Drain the potatoes well.
- Place the drained potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, making sure each piece is coated evenly. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs and scatter them over the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes gently to ensure they are well coated with the oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet, making sure they are not overcrowded.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. Flip the potatoes halfway through cooking for even browning.
- Once cooked, remove the roasted potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the roasted potatoes as a side dish with your favorite main course.