- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Calories: 530
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 30g
- Sodium: 570mg
- Sugar: 4g
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Poke them several times with a fork, then rub them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake for 50-60 minutes, until the skins are crisp and the flesh is tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the filling. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned and crumbled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables, beef broth, cornstarch, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and cook until the vegetables are heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked ground beef back to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cut a slit in the top of each baked potato and gently squeeze the ends to open it up. Spoon the filling into each potato and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot. Enjoy!