Smothered Pork Chops is a classic Southern comfort food that is easy to make and full of flavor. The seasoned and browned pork chops are simmered in a rich and flavorful onion, bell pepper, and garlic gravy until tender and juicy. This dish can be served with mashed potatoes, rice, or your favorite side dish for a hearty and satisfying meal. Enjoy these delicious Smothered Pork Chops!
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Season the pork chops with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned pork chops to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion, green bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables in the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Gradually pour the chicken broth into the skillet, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet and spoon the vegetable mixture over the top of the pork chops.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked through and tender.
- Serve the Smothered Pork Chops hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.