° 2 cabbage heads
° 2lb mince (or veal/beef/pork mix)
° 3 cups cooked rice
° 1 egg
° 1 teaspoon garlic
° 1 tbsp parsley
° 2 slices, sliced onion
° Ounce 1-15. Tomato sauce box
° Ounce 1-28. Tomato can be crushed
° 1/4 cup tomato sauce (in meat)
° Salt and pepper to taste
– Place a head of cabbage in a saucepan of boiling water, peel the cabbage leaves one by one.
– Cut the coarse part at the end of the cabbage sheet with a sharp knife.
– Mix all the ingredients together except for a 15-ounce box of tomato sauce and ground tomatoes and place a small quantity (sausage size) on the cabbage sheet, wrap like a fajita and place the seam side down in a casserole dish. I put tomato sauce and cabbage paper or 2 in the bottom of the casserole dish so Halupky doesn’t burn.
– Pour ground tomatoes over halopecky.
– Cover and bake approximately 75 minutes in the oven 375o.Turn up to 325s’ and bake for about 90 minutes until the cabbage is cooked. Basti every hour.
– Serve with tomato sauce.