Stuffed Cheese Shells are a delicious and comforting dinner that is perfect for a family meal or a special occasion. The pasta shells are stuffed with a rich and creamy cheese mixture, and then baked in a savory meat sauce. This recipe is easy to customize by adding your favorite vegetables or switching out the ground beef for ground turkey or sausage. Serve the Stuffed Cheese Shells with a side salad or garlic bread for a satisfying and hearty meal. Enjoy!
- 12-14 large pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook the pasta shells according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, chopped onion, and minced garlic until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet and stir in the tomato sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and beaten egg.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Stuff each pasta shell with the cheese mixture and place them in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining meat sauce over the pasta shells.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.