Super Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Lasagna is a delicious twist on the classic Italian dish. Here’s a recipe to make your own:
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp and chicken with the Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the bell peppers, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add the seasoned shrimp and chicken to the skillet and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add the marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of the Cajun chicken and shrimp mixture on the bottom.
- Cover the mixture with a layer of cooked lasagna noodles, followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Enjoy your Super Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Lasagna! This recipe is perfect for when you want to spice up your dinner routine and impress your family or guests with a unique and flavorful dish.