- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 packet (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 egg, beaten
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and diced onion over medium-high heat until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Add the drained green chilies to the skillet and stir well.
- Simmer the beef mixture for 5-10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press the seams together to form a large rectangle.
- Spoon the beef mixture down the center of the crescent roll dough.
- Cut diagonal strips on each side of the filling, leaving about 1/2 inch of dough on either side.
- Fold the strips over the filling, alternating sides, to create a braided effect.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the braid.
- Bake the taco braid in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the taco braid cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.