On your toast, in a salad, or in your pasta, fresh cheese is a great accompaniment to any meal, adding a deliciously creamy touch. While there are many types of fresh cheese on the market, nothing beats fresh cheese made with love. Not only is it delicious, but it is also very easy to make and can be made using only milk, yogurt and lemon juice. In this article, we share with you a great recipe to prepare your homemade fresh cheese very easily and make all your friends jealous.
You love cheese but never had the courage to try to prepare it at home for fear of missing it? Don’t worry, there’s nothing easier than concocting your own fresh cheese at home. Here’s a super easy recipe that will make you the star of the appetizer party using only 3 ingredients.
Why cottage cheese is good for you:
● A real protein powerhouse
You’ve probably noticed that bodybuilding buffs tend to consume a lot of fresh cheese, and there’s a reason for that! Fresh cheeses contain up to 36% protein that is essential to the body, rebuilding our cells and producing antibodies that protect us from disease.
● A valuable source of calcium
While milk is known to be rich in this precious mineral, fresh cheese also excels in its calcium content. By eating fresh cheese, you not only protect and strengthen your bones but also your teeth.
● A slimming ally
Fresh cheeses are very often recommended by dieticians and nutritionists to people wishing to lose a few pounds because they provide valuable nutrients to your body and give you a feeling of satiety without making you gain weight. In addition, its delicious taste satisfies the cravings and prevents you from any deviation.
● A versatile side dish
From breakfast to dinner, snacks and appetizers, fresh cheese is a brilliant accompaniment to all your meals and can be used to make a wide variety of exquisite, nutrient-rich dishes.
● It’s easy to concoct at home
A great advantage of fresh cheese is that you can very easily concoct it at home and get both the guarantee of a 100% natural snack and the satisfaction of having prepared your own cheese.
Prepare your own fresh cheese with only 3 ingredients:
● One liter of sheep’s milk;
● One organic plain yogurt without sugar;
● Half a lemon of organic origin.
There is also the vegan version of this recipe. You just need to replace the milk with a mixture of coconut milk and almond milk and the yogurt with probiotic capsules.
● 1 meter of hydrophilic cotton gauze (which you can find in pharmacies);
● 1 jar;
● 1 mold.
● Start by heating your milk in a saucepan for 15 minutes on low heat without bringing it to a boil;
● While your milk is heating, squeeze the juice of half a lemon using a citrus squeezer if you have one or by using a fork;
● Remove your milk from the heat when the 15 minutes have passed and gradually incorporate the plain yogurt and lemon juice;
● Stir for a few seconds, then let your mixture sit for at least 3 hours;
● Once the 3 hours are up, take your cotton gauze and fold it over itself several times before placing it in a saucepan or container;
● Strain your mixture through your gauze so that the whey passes into the saucepan and only the curdled part remains. Don’t hesitate to squeeze well so that all the whey passes into the pan;
● Place your cotton gauze containing the curdled part in another container and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes with a weight on it; ● Then take out your cotton gauze and open it to season your cheese with salt if you wish, then place it in the mold of your choice; ● Put your cheese back in the fridge in its mold for another 8 hours and you’re done!