This Walking Taco Casserole is a fun and delicious twist on the classic walking taco. It’s easy to make and perfect for a crowd-pleasing dinner or party dish. The layers of Fritos, seasoned beef, and melted cheese make it a flavorful and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 bag (9 oz.) Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and chopped green onions, for serving
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is browned and the onion is softened.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup of water to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and green chilies, black beans, and corn to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- In a large baking dish, spread a layer of Fritos chips on the bottom. Top with half of the beef mixture, followed by a layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of Fritos, beef, and cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with dollops of sour cream and chopped green onions on top.