- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle baking chips (or brick baking chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, softened butter, and egg for the crust. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Press the cake mix mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish, creating an even layer as the crust.
- In another bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, chopped pecans, and brickle baking chips to create the filling.
- Pour the filling mixture over the cake mix crust, spreading it evenly to cover the crust.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges are slightly caramelized.
- Once baked, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing. This will allow the bars to set and become easier to cut.
- Once cooled, use a sharp knife to slice the bars into your desired size.
- Enjoy your homemade Caramel Pecan Dream Bars! These bars offer a delightful combination of sweet caramel, crunchy pecans, and a cake-like crust.