Ritz Cracker Salted Caramel Icebox Cake Recipe
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1.5 sleeves of Ritz crackers (about 48 crackers)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
- Place 1/3 of the Ritz crackers on the bottom of a greased 8×8-inch baking dish to create the first layer.
- Top the crackers with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, spreading it evenly over the crackers.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the salted caramel sauce over the cream cheese layer.
- Repeat the layering process with another 1/3 of the Ritz crackers, 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the caramel sauce.
- Create the final layer by adding the remaining 1/3 of Ritz crackers, followed by the remaining 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, and then drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. This chilling time allows the Ritz crackers to soften and the flavors to meld together.
- Prior to serving, you can garnish the cake with additional salted caramel sauce, dollops of whipped cream, or a sprinkle of crushed Ritz crackers, if desired.
- Slice and serve the Salted Caramel Icebox Cake chilled. The layers of creamy filling and caramel will meld with the softened Ritz crackers to create a delightful dessert experience.