Corn Fritters Recipe
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream-style corn and drained whole kernel corn. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat it with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Spoon dollops of the corn mixture onto the tray and freeze for about 3 hours, or until firm.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C) in a large deep fryer or a deep pot, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, egg white, milk, salt, and pepper to make the batter.
- Dip the frozen corn fritters into the batter, ensuring they are well coated.
- Carefully place the coated corn fritters into the hot oil using a slotted spoon. Fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy, which should take a few minutes. Make sure not to overcrowd the fryer; fry in batches if necessary.
- Once the corn fritters are cooked, use the slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the corn fritters while they’re still warm. They make a delicious side dish or snack.