For the dough:
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 envelope (2 and 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110°F/43°C)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the garlic butter:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the yeast mixture and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into small portions.
- Roll each portion into a rope about 8-10 inches long. Tie each rope into a knot and tuck the ends underneath.
- Place the knots on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Bake the garlic knots in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- While the knots are baking, prepare the garlic butter by combining the melted butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley (if using), and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- When the garlic knots are done baking, immediately brush them with the garlic butter mixture while they are still warm.
- Serve the warm and flavorful Garlic Knots as a delicious side to your favorite pasta dishes or enjoy them on their own as a savory snack.
These Garlic Knots are sure to be a hit with their soft and fluffy texture and aromatic garlic butter coating. Enjoy their irresistible flavor!