This DIY carpet cleaner method offers a natural way to remove stains from carpets without the use of harsh chemicals. It’s important to use it moderately and to spot-test in an inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn’t damage or discolor your carpet. Additionally, the vinegar solution can be beneficial for enhancing the cleanliness and eliminating odors from your carpets.
DIY Carpet Cleaner:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dishwashing liquid
- Spray bottle
- Clean white microfiber cloth
- Fresh water
- White vinegar (optional)
- Prepare the Cleaning Solution:
- Mix 3 parts hydrogen peroxide with 1 part dishwashing liquid.
- Combine the ingredients well to create a cleaning solution.
- Fill the Spray Bottle:
- Pour the cleaning solution into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle to ensure proper mixing. If it becomes foamy, allow it to settle before use.
- Apply the Solution to Stains:
- Identify the stained spots on the carpet.
- Spray the DIY carpet cleaner directly onto the stained areas.
- Apply the solution moderately to avoid discoloration of the carpet.
- Scrub the Stains:
- Use a clean white microfiber cloth to scrub the stained spots.
- Gently scrub the area to lift the stain from the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with Fresh Water:
- Spray fresh water onto the previously stained areas to rinse off the cleaner.
- Use a clean white microfiber cloth to blot away excess moisture.
- Optional: Use Vinegar for Odors:
- If desired, mix half water and half white vinegar.
- Apply this mixture using a carpet streamer to boost cleaning and remove odors.