If you’re dealing with a foul smell coming from your floor drain, you can use a simple and natural solution to get rid of it. Here’s how to do it:
- 3.5 ounces (approximately 1/2 cup) of baking soda
- 1 cup of white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Start by boiling 2 cups of water.
- Once the water is boiling, add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle approximately 3.5 ounces (1/2 cup) of baking soda directly into the floor drain.
- Carefully pour the vinegar and hot water mixture into the drain. When these two ingredients combine, you will see some foaming and bubbling. This is normal and part of the cleaning process.
- Let the mixture sit in the drain for about 1 hour. This will allow it to break down and neutralize any odors and buildup in the drain.
- After an hour, rinse the drain thoroughly with water by running the tap for a few minutes.
- You should notice that the foul smell from the drain has disappeared.
This natural remedy effectively addresses the issue without the use of toxic chemicals, leaving your drain smelling fresh and clean.