Enjoy these delicious Hasselback Potatoes in White Cheddar Cheese Sauce as a flavorful and comforting side dish. The creamy cheese sauce perfectly complements the crispy and tender potatoes, making this dish a real treat for your taste buds!
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Fresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut thin slits along the length of each potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. You can use chopsticks or wooden spoons as guides on either side of the potato to prevent cutting all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and olive oil. Brush the mixture over the potatoes, making sure to get it in between the slits. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until they are tender and crispy on the outside.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the white cheddar cheese sauce. In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the shredded white cheddar cheese, stirring continuously until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the garlic powder and onion powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- To serve, place each Hasselback potato on a plate and drizzle the white cheddar cheese sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives.