- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1-2 jalapeños, thinly sliced (seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Set the garlic butter aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet slightly to smooth any creases and to make it easier to cut.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into small squares, about 2×2 inches each, using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Transfer the puff pastry squares onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each square.
- In a bowl, mix together the diced onions, shredded Gouda cheese, and thinly sliced jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a small amount of the onion, cheese, and jalapeño mixture on each puff pastry square, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush the garlic butter over the puff pastry squares, including the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden and puffed up, and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the bites cool slightly. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro, if desired.
- Serve these delightful Onion, Gouda Cheese, Jalapeño, and Garlic Butter Puff Pastry Bites as a tasty appetizer or party snack. Enjoy their buttery, cheesy, and slightly spicy flavors!
Note: You can adjust the amount of jalapeño slices to your preferred level of spiciness. Remember to handle jalapeños with care and wash your hands thoroughly after handling them, especially if you remove the seeds.