Changing the sheets and maintaining a clean bed is crucial to prevent the buildup of mites and dead skin cells, which can pose health risks. But how much attention do you pay to your mattress? In this article, we will explain how to prepare a mattress cleaning spray using US measurements.
Every night, the dead skin cells from our bodies accumulate on the bed, along with dirt, creating an ideal environment for dust mite proliferation. These microscopic organisms can be harmful to our health, especially for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
Simply changing the sheets is not sufficient to prevent the accumulation of dust mites on the mattress. That’s why it’s important to clean it regularly.
To refresh your mattress, start by removing the sheets and giving it a good shake. However, sometimes this may not be adequate. Follow the recipe below to prepare a spray that will help ensure you have a clean, mite-free mattress.
Ingredients for Mattress Disinfectant Spray:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of vinegar
- 8 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil
- 8 drops of peppermint essential oil
- A 16-ounce (or larger) spray bottle
- Pour 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar into the spray bottle.
- Add 8 drops each of eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint essential oils to the bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake it well to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Spray the mixture directly onto the mattress, covering the surface evenly.
- Allow the mattress to air dry completely before putting the sheets back on.
Vinegar possesses natural disinfectant properties and helps to freshen fabrics. Eucalyptus oil has purifying qualities and is beneficial for the skin. Lavender oil possesses antibacterial properties and its fragrance promotes relaxation and sleep. Peppermint oil is a highly effective natural repellent.