Twix cookies are a delightful treat that combines the flavors of the popular Twix candy bar with a delicious cookie base. Here’s a recipe to make Twix cookies at home:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20-24 mini Twix bars, unwrapped and cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the butter-sugar mixture, and mix well until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place a halved mini Twix bar in the center and wrap the dough around it, rolling it into a ball. Make sure the Twix bar is fully covered by the dough.
- Place the filled dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.