Cleaning floor grout with natural ingredients like baking soda and vinegar is an effective and eco-friendly way to get rid of dirt and stains that accumulate over time. Here’s a simple recipe for a grout cleaner using these ingredients:
- 30 grams (about 2 tablespoons) of baking soda
- 120 ml (about 1/2 cup) of white vinegar
- In a container, pour 30 grams of baking soda.
- Add 120 ml of white vinegar to the baking soda. You’ll notice an effervescent reaction, so wait for it to settle.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar well until you have a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Apply the mixture directly to the dirty or stained grout lines. You can use an old toothbrush or a grout brush to spread it evenly.
- Let the mixture sit on the grout lines for a couple of minutes. This gives it time to work on dissolving and loosening the dirt and stains.
- After waiting, scrub the grout lines vigorously with the brush. Pay attention to any stubborn stains, and use a bit of extra elbow grease if needed.
- Once you’ve thoroughly scrubbed the grout, use a clean cloth or sponge to wipe away the cleaning mixture along with the dirt and stains.
- If necessary, mop the entire floor with plain water to remove any remaining residue.
The quantities mentioned in this recipe may not be sufficient to clean the entire floor of your house. If you need more solution, you can increase the quantities while maintaining the same proportion. This natural grout cleaner should help restore the appearance of your grout and keep it looking fresh and clean.